St Lesmo's Episcopal Chapel, Glen Tanar
St. Lesmo's Chapel, built in 1871 is located in in the beautiful valley of Glen Tanar. It is a popular wedding venue, with a simple stone interior, wooden pews with deer skins and a number od stained glass windows.
Morning Glass were asked to restore three of the distinctive aisle windows in the church. These metal framed windows were badly bowed, with large gaps between glass and lead and badly damaged borders.
We removed the panels from their frames in-situ, soaked and strip dates panels and remade them, making good damaged sections. Reinstallation into the metal frames was straightforward, and we were able to retain the existing exterior grills.
This work forms part of ongoing restoration at Glen Tanar - work has now begun on stained glass work in Tower o’ Ess at the entrance to the Glen.